GEG Shines Again in MICHELIN Guide Hong Kong and Macau
Feng Wei Ju, Lai Heen and 8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA once again receive Michelin stars
(MACAU, 27 January 2021) – Galaxy Entertainment Group (GEG) announced today that the
group and its properties StarWorld Hotel, Galaxy Macau™ and Broadway Macau™ have received strong recognitions in the prestigious MICHELIN Guide Hong Kong and Macau 2021, which highlights again the deluxe dining available across the GEG portfolio.
Feng Wei Ju at StarWorld Hotel has been awarded with 2 Michelin stars for the 5th year in a row, continuing its reign as the only Michelin-starred Hunan and Sichuan restaurant in Macau. The 2-Michelin-starred restaurant is helmed by Executive Chinese Chef Chan Chek Keong who has more than 26 years of culinary experience and leads a talented chef team with expertise in Hunan and Sichuan cuisines as well as pastry. Feng Wei Ju is renowned for its tantalizing Hunan and Sichuan delicacies meticulously and innovatively prepared with ingredients sourced from Hunan and Sichuan. Chef Chan seeks to perfectly converge traditional culinary skills with diversity and creativity to harness novel ingredients, serving every epicure with the most authentic and unforgettable Hunan and Sichuan flavors in Macau.
Lai Heen, the highest Chinese restaurant in Macau situated on the 51st floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Macau at Galaxy Macau, once again receives 1 Michelin star rating. The restaurant is managed by Chinese Executive Chef Jackie Ho Hon Sing and features elegant décor and classic Cantonese dishes, making each dining into a fantastic culinary indulgence for guests.
8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA at Galaxy Macau continue to receives one star this year. The 1-Michelin-starred contemporary Italian restaurant has been serving the most authentic Italian cuisine since the Michelin-starred chef Umberto Bombana settled his third restaurant in Galaxy Macau in 2015. Because of Italian hospitality and enticing Italian dishes prepared with well-selected ingredients from all over the world, now the restaurant has become one of the mustvisit food destinations in Asia.
Please see below for the 2021 full list of awarded restaurants under the GEG portfolio:
- Feng Wei Ju (StarWorld Hotel), renowned for its mouthwatering Hunan and Sichuan cuisines. Diners can expect to receive irresistible culinary excellence prepared from the freshest ingredients; managed by Executive Chinese Chef Chan Chek Keong.
- Lai Heen (The Ritz-Carlton, Macau), the highest Chinese restaurant in Macau situated on the 51st floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Macau, managed by Chinese Executive Chef Jackie Ho Hon Sing;
- 8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA (Galaxy Macau), globally celebrated for its signature truffle dishes as well as serving the highest standard of Italian cuisine in Macau. Now the restaurant has become one of the must-visit food destinations in Asia.
- Fook Lam Moon (Galaxy Macau), a Cantonese restaurant serving the most authentic Cantonese dishes, dim sum and more, crafted by skillful chefs using culinary techniques over 70 years in the making;
- Terrazza Italian Restaurant (Galaxy Macau), widely known for its authentic flavors of Italy and excellent selection of wine;
- The Ritz-Carlton Café (The Ritz-Carlton, Macau), renowned for its signature French desserts and exquisite afternoon tea experience;
- Yamazato (Hotel Okura Macau), a Japanese fine dining restaurant presenting traditional Kaiseki meals and other classical dishes from Japan; managed by Executive Chef Morihiro Takeda;
- Wong Kun Sio Kung (Broadway Macau), which has impressed diners with its traditional noodles using the bamboo method for 35 years.