MICHELIN STARS STUDDED DINING AT GALAXY ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
(Hong Kong and MACAU, December 11, 2018) – Galaxy Entertainment Group (GEG) announced today that the group and its properties StarWorld Hotel Macau, Galaxy Macau™ and Broadway Macau™ have received 17 recognitions in the prestigious Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2019. This impressive number of awards highlights the exquisite accommodation and deluxe dining available across the GEG portfolio.
Feng Wei Ju at StarWorld Hotel Macau has been awarded 2 Michelin stars for the third year in a row, marking its continued reign as the only Michelin-starred Chuan-Xiang restaurant in Macau. The restaurant’s status in the culinary world is further cemented by the esteemed Michelin stars. In addition, both 8 ½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA at Galaxy Macau and Lai Heen at The Ritz-Carlton, Macau have once again received a 1-Michelin-star rating.
Throughout the Galaxy Entertainment Group portfolio, six hotels were recognized in the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2019. The Ritz-Carlton, Macau and Banyan Tree Macau were both awarded the prominent title of Particularly Pleasant Luxury Hotel for their luxurious accommodation and outstanding facilities, whilst Hotel Okura Macau was awarded the rating of Particularly Pleasant Top Class Comfort Hotel. Also, StarWorld Hotel Macau, Galaxy Hotel™ and JW Marriott Hotel Macau received the recognition of Top Class Comfort Hotel.
Please see below for the 2019 full list of awarded restaurants and hotels under the GEG portfolio:
- Feng Wei Ju (StarWorld Hotel Macau), renowned for its mouthwatering Chuan-Xiang cuisine which mixes both Hunan and Sichuan flavors. Diners can expect to receive irresistible culinary excellence prepared from the freshest ingredients; managed by Executive Chinese Chef Chan Chek Keong
- 8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA (Galaxy Macau), globally celebrated for its signature truffle dishes as well as serving the highest standard of Italian cuisine in Macau; managed by Executive Chef Antimo Merone
- Lai Heen (The Ritz-Carlton, Macau), the highest Chinese restaurant in Macau situated on the 51st floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Macau
- Fook Lam Moon (Galaxy Macau), a Cantonese restaurant serving the most authentic dim sum and more, crafted by skillful chefs using culinary techniques over 70 years in the making
- Terrazza Italian Restaurant (Galaxy Macau), widely known for its authentic flavors of Italy and excellent selection of wine; managed by Executive Chef Andrea Fioravanti
- The Ritz-Carlton Café (The Ritz-Carlton, Macau), a warm French brasserie offering charming décor and simple yet flavorful food
- Yamazato (Hotel Okura Macau), a Japanese fine dining restaurant presenting traditional Kaiseki meals and other classical dishes from Japan; managed by Japanese chef Akira Hayashi
- Wong Kun Sio Kung (Broadway Macau), which has impressed diners with its traditional noodles using the bamboo method for 35 years
Restaurants with Interesting Wine Lists:
- 8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA (Galaxy Macau)
- Terrazza Italian Restaurant (Galaxy Macau)
- Fook Lam Moon (Galaxy Macau)
Michelin Particularly Pleasant Luxury Hotel:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Macau
- Banyan Tree Macau
Michelin Particularly Pleasant Top Class Comfort Hotel:
- Hotel Okura Macau
Michelin Top Class Comfort Hotel:
- StarWorld Hotel Macau
- Galaxy Hotel™
- JW Marriott Hotel Macau
Kevin Kelley, Chief Operating Officer, Macau of Galaxy Entertainment Group, said, “It is always a pleasure and honor to see our restaurants and hotels recognized by prestigious awarding bodies such as the Michelin Guide – the epitome of fine dining and hospitality across the globe. Congratulations to each member of the team on your ceaseless efforts and hard work to embody the Asian Heart service philosophy our guests have come to expect. As the dining destination in Asia and the leading integrated resort in Macau, we will continue to provide excellent dining and travel experiences of the highest standard to our esteemed guests!”
For more information and news about the awards, please visit www.starworldmacau.com, www.galaxymacau.com and www.broadwaymacau.com.mo.
Feng Wei Ju (StarWorld Hotel Macau)
8½ Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA (Galaxy Macau)
Lai Heen (The Ritz-Carlton, Macau)